Before you start betting, it is recommended to learn about the rules of betting in bookmaker’s offices. This applies both to the general provisions of the betting shops, and to the behavior of the bettors, the ability to manage the game bankroll and to remain prudent. Only then sport predictions will begin to bring a profit over a distance.
In this article, we will discuss all the details of the game in a bookmaker’s office. Let’s start with the generally accepted principles that apply to every betting company, regardless of its status and the number of active clients.
Basic rules of bookmakers
The main provisions describe the very essence of the bets and give an idea of the gameplay. They include the following:
- the bookmaker forms a line, and bets can be placed only on those events that are offered by the office;
- odds for outcomes that the bet has already been placed on will not change under any circumstances. Even if the odds in the line will go up or down, the ticket will have the odds set at the time of betting;
- bettors cannot cancel a bet that has been already placed. But the bookmaker has the right to calculate the transaction as a refund in case the match is postponed or there is a suspicion of a rigged game;
- calculation of odds is made in accordance with the data provided by official sources. There is a list of such resources in the rules of the office. Sometimes companies may change their sources, so, this fact should be taken into account.
Basic principles that bettors should remember
Let us look at some rules that will help bettors to avoid unpleasant and controversial situations in betting:
- only adult users can make bets. When registering, it is necessary to confirm that the user is at least 18 years old. This information will certainly be checked by the bookmaker’s security service during the verification of the account. And if bettors cheated during registration, they will not be able to complete this procedure. No matter how much the client wins, the bookmaker will not allow withdrawing funds from the wallet without identity verification;
- it is not allowed to have several accounts on the website of one betting company. Clients are blocked for such a violation without the right to withdraw funds. Multi-accounting is deemed to be a fraud and the bettor may face problems when registering at other offices;
- you should be careful when choosing the currency of the wallet. The number of available payment services through which you can make a deposit depends on this. Withdrawals, as a rule, are allowed to be performed via the same option as making the deposit;
- in case there were made mistakes setting odds, the bookmaker has the right to calculate the ticket with a refund (with odds of 1). This applies to such inaccuracies as, for example, odds of 14 instead of 1.4.
Special nuances in the bookmakers’ rules
Before starting to play on the site of a betting company, it is recommended to carefully study the rules for resolving controversial issues. Each bookmaker has its own approach to such situations. For example, when the match is stopped, some bookmakers will count the bet as a return, and the event will be deemed as canceled. Other bookmakers may take into account the score at the time when the match is stopped and use it as a basis for calculating the bet.
Bets at a bookmaker’s office: how to win
To get income from bets, it is recommended to bet only on those events that the bettor understands. Playing blindly will lead to an imminent loss of the bankroll. The same is true for bettors who use the odds as the basis for choosing bets. Betting companies include a certain percentage of their earnings in odds (edge). This will prevent you from gaining profit if you always bet on favorites without taking the analysis of events as the basis.
In betting, it is important to stay on a plus side over the long term. Success in individual bets does not guarantee profit.
You should not let excitement take over. Losses often push players to increase the amount of bets or to play all-in. This is absolutely not recommended. It is a good idea to develop a clear strategy for the game or stick to existing tactics and follow them. In an attempt to win back the loss quickly, the likelihood of the bankroll being drained increases significantly.
Betting is always a risk. Even an odd of 1.01 does not promise a 100% win of the bet. It is recommended to keep a record of errors and draw conclusions from them. This will help improve the quality of forecasting in the future.